- 1 Avocado
- 1/8 Root of ginger (minced)
- 1 Clove of fresh garlic
- 1/2 of lime juice and zest
- 2 Tbsp.. of low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 3 Tbsps. of mayonnaise
- 1/4 of a cup of water
- 1 Pinch of pepper
1) Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit, scoop out the middle and place in blender.
2) Cut the 1/8 of a piece of ginger off and shave it, then cut and place in blender.
3) Dice the fresh garlic and place in blender.
4) Juice the lime zest the outside and place in blender.
5) Add the salt, pepper, soy sauce, mayonnaise, and water.
6) blend all together and enjoy, best on top of grilled chicken or fish, or as a dip for pita or corn chips!
This is such a simple way to add a little extra touch to any meat or bread dish! The recipe below is for bourbon caramelized shallots and garlic for steak, any of the ingredients can be easily substituted to customize your dish!
- 1 stick of butter (soft/room temp)
- 1/2 cup of bourbon
- 2 shallots
- 2 cloves of garlic
1) Dice the garlic and shallot finely and add to pan with a little bit of olive oil.
2) When they are soft pour in the bourbon and let cook out for about 10 minutes or until the liquid is gone.
3) Cream the butter into a paste (not liquid) and add the ingredients, mix all together.
4) Spoon the butter onto the center of a piece of Ceram wrap and twist the ends to make a log.
5) Throw in the freeze for 35 minutes, remove from the freezer and keep in fridge until ready to use.
*These can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 tbsp. of butter or EVOO
- Salt and Pepper
1) Grate the cauliflower head
2) Add to pan with melted butter and sauté until soft
3) Add salt and pepper to taste and serve
Celebrate with my homemade lobster roll!
- 4 8oz lobster tails
- 1 stick of celery (diced finely)
- 1/4 cup of green onions
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1 tbsp of dill
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tbsp of old bay
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 4 torpedo rolls (toasted)
- 5 large Idaho potatoes (peeled and speared)
1) Remove lobster meat from shells and cute into small/medium size chunks and sauté in butter.
2) Sauté lobster meat for 5 minutes, until it is pink and tender.
3) Cut the celery and green onions and put aside for now.
4) Let the lobster meat cool in the fridge for 30 minutes before adding to other ingredients.
5) Add all ingredients and mix together in large bowl.
6) Set in fridge for minimum hour and half.
7) Cut the potatoes in spears (thick rectangular pieces).
8) Heat enough oil in pan to cover the cut potatoes.
9) Cook until golden brown.
10) Add salt and pepper.
11) Remove lobster mix from fridge and place on top of toasted buns and enjoy!
*Try Homemade honey mustard recipe for dipping sauce for fries
Make sure you whip up a batch of my strawberry shortcake kabobs!
- 1 package of strawberries
- 1 package of cake mix
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup of vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 package of white chocolate
1) Mix the cake mix, egg whites, and yogurt together until creamy and no bubbles.
2) Bake cake at 375 for 25 minutes and testing with toothpick.
3) Cut the strawberries into halves.
4) Allow cake to cool and cut into squares when cooled.
5) assemble skewers alternating cake and strawberries (I usually do two strawberry haves for each strawberry section).
6) Melt chocolate at 30 second intervals in microwave, slowly adding more chocolate while stirring so it doesn’t clump.
7) Once smooth and melted pour into baggy and push to bottom corner.
8) Cut small tip at the corner or baggy and drizzle over skewers.
9) Allow to cool for 30 minutes.
April 27 is National Prime Rib Day, celebrate by making this delicious recipe for your family!
- 1 standing rib roast (3-6 ribs)
- 4 tbsp. of thyme
- 3 tbsp. of rosemary
- 3 tbsp. of salt
- 3 tbsp. of pepper
- 1 tbsp. of garlic
- 2 cans of beef broth
1) Mix all seasonings together.
2) Rub the roast until it is fully covered in seasoning (add more of all if roast is bigger to ensure the roast is covered).
3) Preheat oven to 325.
4) Heat a cast iron skillet up and 1 tbsp. of EVOO and sear each side of the roast until brown.
5) Place in the roasting pan (make sure meat is elevated) bone side up and pour 1 can of beef broth cook for 2.5 hours (slow and steady for tenderness).
6) Check meat and keep adding beef broth as needed until beef is at a temperature of 135-145 depending on how you like your meat.
7) Let rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
8) Cut along the bones getting as close to the bone as possible and place back in oven at a high temperature to cook.
9) Cut remainder of the meat and serve.
10) Let rib bones cook in oven for 10 minutes and remove, serve and enjoy!
Check out a hot new breakfast recipe!
Want a quick and easy breakfast for brunch that pleases everyone?
- 6 slices of bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 package of sage sausage (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 package of cheddar shredded cheese
- 13 eggs
- 8 slices of bread (crust removed and cut into cubes)
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of pepper
1) Cook up the bacon and sausage.
2) Crack the eggs into a bowl with salt and pepper and whisk together.
3) Slice the bread and put to the side.
4) Add sausage, bacon and most of the bag of cheese.
5) Add bread on top of the mixture and lightly press so the bread is not completely covered with egg and the top is able to get crispy and brown.
6) Cook at 375 covered for 30 minutes.
7) Uncover the bake and sprinkle the remainder cheddar cheese and cook for 20 more minutes or until brown and bubbly (checking frequently).
8) Enjoy your yummy breakfast bake!